Notes on Aegir Setup and Drupal Installation Profiles
Having setup my first Aegir server and installation profile, here are a few quick notes/links for future reference:
- List module dependencies first - i.e date_api before date.
- Custom modules need versions (branches, tags, etc) specified as there is no way for Drush to determine available versions (contrib modules use updates.drupal.org)
- Recursive .make file execution ...means:
- Platform has a make file, which may include an installation profile, which may include it's own make file.
- Define libraries in platform .make files -- not in installation files. -- so they end up in <platform>/sites/all/libraries rather than <platform>/profiles/<profile>/sites/all/libraries
Aegir site configuration
- Site settings like db_url, db_user, db_pass, are not in settings.php, but in the vhost files for each site.
- Settings.php cannot be changed. Instead use (create--it doesn't exist at first) local.settings.php.
- global.inc can be used for aegir-wide settings overrides (see Customizing Site Settings in an Aegir Environment)